Saturday, April 18, 2009

Visalia DX Convention 2009

Well, I just got back from the Visalia DX Convention in Visalia, California.

http://dxconvention.org/

What a great 2 days of Amateur Radio fun. I went with one of my fellow River City Amateur Radio Communications Society (N6NA) members Bill N6EF. We sat through several interesting seminars. Learned about computer interface for logging, new equipment, DXpeditioning, and noise reduction in the Ham shack.

Of particular fun was getting to use the Flex 3000 SDR coupled with an Alpha 9500 and SteppIR beam. What a blast to be on a "super" station. I think I am hooked on the "SDR" band wagon now. What a pleasure to operate.

I sure hope to be able to make it back next year. Another great suprise was the fact that we (N6NA) recieved "wallpaper" award for our operation in Alpine County for the CA QSO Party last June. Kudo's to Bill N6EF, Rob KG6SKA, and Vince KI6NHP for their participation. We sure had fun, and are looking forward to the CA QSO Party coming in June 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment